GUARDIAN STUDENT DESIGN CHALLENGE
Limited only by your imagination and skill, the Guardian Student Design Challenge represents an outstanding opportunity for you to present your ideas to a world-leading innovator in glass material technology and an international jury and be recognised as a talented designer.
Today's world is about creating environments that deliver an individual experience for the inhabitant or visitor. Glass can contribute to this through its ability to combine function, strength and beauty.
The competition challenges design students to create and develop ideas for the application of anti-reflective glass for the living, working cultural and/or leisure environment.
The objectives of the Guardian Student Design Challenge are to stimulate creativity in the application of flat glass and to inspire the next generation of designers in the use of a material that goes beyond its perceived limits. At Guardian we want to encourage and nurture the talent and imagination of student designers and to drive a higher level of competence by working in close partnership to meet the future needs of society and industry.
VP and GM Glass Europe
Living, Playing, and Working with
Clarity™ AR glass
The design challenge invites student designers to create and develop interior application ideas for Guardian Clarity™ anti-reflective glass.
Glass is found in many of today's interiors, but what about tomorrow? What functional combinations will be needed to satisfy consumers in three or five years' time? To imagine and conceptualise those products is the challenge set for this competition.
The following are the three heads for exploration for the Guardian Student Design Challenge:
- Living - Objects that integrate with the needs of the individual and those of the family unit at home
- Working - Products that help to support business activities in an attractive, comfortable and efficient manner
- Playing - Products that improve the experience of the audience by providing unhindered vision as well as total protection for visitors as well as participants in a cultural and/or leisure environment
Apply your design skills to develop concepts
that use Guardian anti-reflective glass for living, playing
and/or working in the future.
Designing with Guardian Clarity™ anti-reflective glass: delivering ideas and solutions for interiors at home, at work, at events.
- create ideas for innovative use of anti-reflective glass
- focus on the functionality of the glass application
- build on the performance of anti-reflective glass
- inspire the interior design & architectural community
Once you have identified a new application opportunity, our online resources will enable you to accelerate the steps you need to take to develop your idea into a fully worked design concept on the drawing board.
Guardian provides the ideal supporting resource for designers using glass materials. From glass specification selector, visualizer tool to processing information and material specification datasheets.
For design solutions visit: